Saturday, March 30, 2013

Baby Boy


Dear all,

This is the very first time I did a card celebrating the birth of a baby boy. I have always wanted to explore this theme but finally I got the chance. However, I think I did not do justice to it. The approach is as similar to the Anniversary and the Birthday cards I did last year.

The first white and the second blue layers are intended to be flat. This goes the same for the two circles. The reason is I want to create a focus on the baby pyjama, the bottle and the shoes. I used foam tape to raise the illustrations. It creates a 3 dimensional effect.

As for the right side, I used small handmade flowers and ribbons from Korea. The orange horizontal and vertical strips were added to balance out the orange circle placed on the left. The word 'Congratulations' was placed on top of the gold card just to create an emphasis.

Do send me a post if you have any comments or suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment