Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Why I make handmade greeting cards?

Salaam all,

When I was young, I used to collect and keep greeting cards sent to me. I still have birthdays cards friends sent  and when I read them back, I reminisce the good old days.

Greeting cards are sent to remind one of another. though we have sms and online greeting cards, the feeling of getting a posted greeting card is totally different. Once you opened the card and know that this person had send it to you, you'll feel special and appreciated. You know that the person take the extra effort to look for a card that reflects you and take time to post it to you. These days, time is very precious, so imagine if the person is willing to take the time to do it all for you.

That is the sole reason why I took up the idea of making handmade greeting cards. I know that some people would love to get handmade cards rather than the machine printed. I take time to design and cut each card with care. It started off when I was still in college. I gave my cards to my cousin sister to sell them at a shop near her office. I was happy when she gave me the sales money (thanks kak Aida). After a while, I stopped making them.

After I joined the current place, I started again. I made the cards to cheer up colleagues and to bring them together. I used to prepare a birthday card for colleagues and go to each of them for a signature.

Now, after three years, I am still making them and I am also very happy when people start purchasing them. Thank you very much to all who have been supportive. Moreover, thank you for commenting on my cards and that just makes me want to create more and more.

Importantly, I just hope the cards will bring each of us closer together.



No comments:

Post a Comment